The explosion of video content across digital channels has enabled beauty brands to connect with the ladies and establish an online cosmetic counter.

However, that doesn’t necessarily mean beauty marketers should be looking to transfer all your marketing efforts into the online space. On the contrary.

Facebook IQ reports that only 35% of beauty customers find new products via their mobile phones. The other 65% are still shopping in stores.

The solution is to bring online campaigns into the physical space.

Let us explain.

The Beauty of Digital Video

Pixability, the first-ever winner of Google’s Premier Partner Awards, recently published a report revealing how beauty brands can build successful digital marketing strategies.

To sum the report up in one word: videos.

To be precise video and mobile technologies.

Yep, Pixability’s report claim that marketers have to “develop a video strategy that turns heads.” They also add that YouTube, Facebook and Instagram are the platforms that offer the most powerful video tools.

But that’s not all. Integrating social media may help you connect with customers, but it’s the shopping experience you provide that prompts a purchasing decision.

And it seems that beauty brands need to find innovative ways of capturing and maintaining the attention of your audience. According to L2 Gartner, the interest in cosmetic and beauty brands is starting to wane.

Furthermore, it’s important to note that today’s consumers research brands and products before making a purchasing decision. Not only do you have to connect with customers, you have to convince them you are the best of the best.

Digital Strategies For Beauty Brands

The question for marketers is not whether to adopt video, but how to use it effectively.

There is no shortage of consumers that want to interact with video content - HarpersBazaar reveal that beauty is the most popular category.

Furthermore, the online publication has hauled in 520,000 subscribers to its YouTube beauty channel - a 95% increase in the last 12 months. Check out their videos for inspiration.

Sephora is also very active publishing video content and recently partnered with Google Home Hub. The beauty brand will install the device in stores so customers can benefit from having a visual element to add to the shopping experience.

Content that appeals to personal experiences of your customers is also proving to be a successful device in video content. Rimmel has seized on the opportunity to tackle cyberbullying with an emotive film launch for Anti-Bullying Week 2018.

Celebs and influencers will always be a pinnacle cog in the wheel of beauty brands. Wu-Tang Clan has tapped up R&B artist, Teyana Taylor as the face of their latest video campaign to promote limited edition deluxe lip colours.

Innovative brands should look towards integrate audio-visual (AV) solutions. The key to AV is interaction through 3D video with a splash of augmented reality and virtual reality.

Look at Huda Beauty for the low-down. The brand recently teamed up with a digital comms platform that can project online campaigns into a physical space and enhance the shoppers store experience.

Whilst the bulk of cosmetic spending is still conducted in physical stores, beauty brands need to rethink how they create an in-store experience for customers. Digital video and mobile technology is the way to go.